17% of all fatal accidents on farms are due to falls and collapses.
- Think about the job and plan to do it safely
- Think about the competence of people doing the job.
- Think, plan and organise safety before working on fragile or unstable roofs
- Think and plan to use appropriate safety equipment.
- Think about use of a mobile elevated work platform.
- Think and plan to inspect equipment regularly.
- Think about stacking bales if you do not have machinery to remove them.
- Think about the risk of falling objects
For more updates follow us on Twitter
You can also find us on Facebook
Article from https://www.teagasc.ie/rural-economy/farm-management/farm-health–safety/farm-safety-week-/