The First Fix Free scheme aims to help reduce the amount of water wasted through leaks on customers’ properties. Irish Water estimates that nearly 145 million litres of water per day have been saved as a result of this scheme to the end of Q1 2019.
If we have contacted you about a suspected leak on your external water supply pipe you may qualify for the scheme. It offers:
- A free investigation if your water meter has indicated a possible leak on your external supply pipe.
- A free repair of the leak if one is identified on the external supply pipe.
The diagram shows where the external water supply pipe is located on customer properties.
Who is eligible for the First Fix Free scheme?
You are eligible for the First Fix Free scheme if you are a domestic customer with:
- A confirmed leak on your external supply pipe
- A water meter installed on your property
- Are registered with Irish Water
- Have a working and accessible inside stop valve
First Fix Free Process
- Irish Water will contact you by post if your watre meter indicates a possible leak on your property.
- We will ask you to complete four simple checks around your home. These help rule out internal plumbing issues as the cause to the potential leak.
- If you don’t find any internal plumbing issues Call 1850 278 278 to request a free leak investigation or fill out the online registration form. You will need to be registered with Irish Water and have an accessible inside stop valve in your home.
- Our contractor will call you to schedule a leak investigation appointment at a suitable time. You may wish to read the Stay Safe Guide, which offers safety measures you can take when dealing with callers to your home.
- The contractor will carry out the investigation to determine if there is a leak on the external supply pipe
- If the contractor confirms a leak on the external supply pipe, you will recieve a First Fix Free Scheme leak repair offer and acceptance form*. The property owner must sign this consent form in order for the leak to be repaired.
- Once the property owner signed consent form has been recieved, the contractor will arrange a suitable time to repair the leak at the property.
*subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme
Article from https://www.water.ie/for-home/first-fix/